Monday 22 June 2015

Hitchin Festival










kicks off next week, with an  Installation in St Mary's Churchyard. Members of Hitchin Stitchin' have been preparing for this. Some of us have even chosen our trees.




















It was while touring through the churchyard, avoiding the marquees, that I became aware I was being watched.



I began to feel like an extra (one who wouldn't last long) in Hitchcock's The Birds.













 It was lunchtime, of course, and there were people eating, but I couldn't help feel that these plump ducks needed no extra padding.


People use St Mary's churchyard for a picnic lunch on fine days, and this was a fine day.














Not so the following day, when The British Schools Museum's Fair in the Square was taking place alongside the first full day of Rhythms of the world.













The Market Square was almost deserted when I arrived to do a stint on the bric-a-brac stall. Friends of British Schools were manning each stall and no one needed any help.  It was bucketing down, so, after distributing a few leaflets and taking these photos, I headed back to the car.












I volunteered for the wrong spot. I think the Museum had more customers than the Fair, as there was a quilting and sampler day there, and tea and cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment