Friday 3 October 2014

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare


MWNN and Ron stand and stare











My birthday dawned bright and sunny.





A framed facsimile of my grand-uncle's MM












After opening presents and taking delivery of a beautiful bouquet during  a late breakfast, we headed for the beach.















There we had the third foot-spa (in the cold North Sea) of this holiday.

















MWNN wore his Crocks and I wore my swimming shoes to paddle our way from the Harbour to Gun Hill











After a leisurely two-hour stroll, we went back into town and bought a picnic lunch, which we ate on a bench on Gun Hill.





We then headed to Wrentham to buy trousers for me (I need a spare pair for those times I get the bottom of my jeans wet while paddling). There was a sale at the Outlet shop and I ended up buying a pair of Crocks for a fiver and a pair of Sketchers  On the Go - Beam for less than half-price.










Back to Southwold to buy provisions for the birthday dinner (Dingley Dell Pork Chops, new potatoes, petit pois) and collect the DAB radio (my old Phillips died on the second day of the holiday) from Tesco's Click and Collect Service.

Then on to the beach to have birthday afternoon tea at the newly opened Cafe on The Green. Freshly brewed leaf-tea, toasted teacakes with home-made strawberry jam and fresh strawberries - lovely.










By the time we'd recovered from the day, neither of us was keen to eat a large dinner. I opened a bottle of Tesco's Finest Gewurztraminer, and a half bottle of Veuve Emille Blanc de Blancs Champagne, and we 'made do' with a cold collation of pork pie, cheese, tomatoes and salad.









It doesn't get much better than this.